Friday, January 22, 2010

Is Bathing Just Once a Week Healthy?

A chunk from Dr. Jennifer Shu's expert answer, posted at CNN:

"I often hear complaints that bathing too often dries out a person's skin. Furthermore, physical limitations and pain from ailments such as arthritis may discourage them from wanting to bathe. ... Older individuals may also become confused or fearful of water or the bathtub or shower stall itself. Memory loss can be a factor, and they may not realize how long it has been since their last bath. Finally, being depressed can make people stop caring about their hygiene and other aspects of their lives."

So those particular smelly lab mates of mine are depressed? None of the other reasons seem to apply. Yeah, I guess I would be, too. But mainly because I smelled so bad. Aye, it's a vicious cycle.

Thanks to whoever (Pro) for sending me the link to the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment